The first poll has concluded, and the results are in. Of the 25
eligible voters, 12 voted and 13 abstained. The results were as
- 5 votes (36%)
- 1 vote (7%)
- 8 votes (57%)
So the first task we will work on is: Add Anneroy's new abilities.
Thank you to everyone who voted!
I had Monday and Tuesday available this week, so I dedicated both days
to Hexoshi's development. I timed myself for 3 hours of work on
Milestone 1's goals, though I also spent several hours on some extra
things which I did not time myself doing. The following developments
- 9 new rooms have been added, bringing the total number of rooms to 23.
- A message is now shown the first time you activate a warp pad explaining that you can press "up" to teleport (similar to the messages seen when powerups are collected).
- I made sloped versions of the stone tiles. they can be seen below the E-tank to the left of the Handheld Map.
- Support for "map hints" to change the way the map is generated has been added. These hints are used in some of the new rooms. Their intended purpose is to enable the creation of non-rectangular rooms.
- Lines of Code -- a track which was previously rejected because of its loudness war syndrome -- has been added back in for use in the credits screen, where this isn't so much of a problem.
- Support and graphics for useless artifacts has been added. These can be used sparingly to add some purpose to corridors designed to take players in the wrong direction, and to otherwise add filler to the game. It can also be a handy way to put easter eggs into the game.
Someone contacted me and asked if there is a mailing list to discuss voting
issues. Unfortunately, there currently is not. However, I do want voters
to discuss these issues, especially more important ones like the next
one, so from now on I will open an issue on Hexoshi's GitLab page for
discussing each poll. The corresponding issue will be linked to both in
the nomination phase announcement and in the voting phase announcement.